noun | \ˈblȯg, ˈbläg-ˈfü\
: a fun, innovative form of networking and professional development that does not require wearing a pantsuit or acting like an uptight douchebag; started in 2014 in Baltimore by the organizers of The BlogU Conference
the tenets of blog fu
1. Motivation. Have the desire to succeed, especially at personal goals such as having a nine-inch cleavage crack in every picture:
2. Confidence. Believe in yourself, particularly when struggling to figure out cutting-edge innovations such as the selfie stick:
3. Discipline. Follow directions, even when you are drunk and someone says “HEY! LET’S MAKE AN INCREDIBLY UGLY FACE IN THIS PICTURE!”:
4. Perseverance. Keep working for what you believe in, like winning First Place in Nickelodeon’s #MiddleSchoolAwkward contest:
5. Respect. Be willing to respect yourself and others, no matter how many watered-down appletinis may or may not have been consumed:
6. Righteousness. Do the right thing, like licking honey mustard off of other people’s business cards so not a drop goes to waste:
7. Tolerance: do not allow emotions to overflow and affect character, even if you ARE dressed like Mary Katherine Gallagher:
8. Community. Care for and be positive with others, PERIOD:
So that’s that! I am now a blog fu Master.
I’d like to just say that there were so many more pictures, and that I had fun with so many more people, but I could not possible incorporate everyone and everything into one single blog post. I tried my best, but my frustrations with Photoshop and WordPress made me give up after about three hours. The lazy is strong with this one.
(It’s probably for the best. A lot of my pictures sucked ass. Trust.)